Johnson City, TN Real Estate Information
Are you considering a move to Johnson City, TN? There are many great reasons to move to this city. Check out these five reasons to move to Johnson City!
1. Johnson City, TN is growing quickly and is a great place to find a job
The Johnson City, TN area is growing quickly and is a great place to find a job. Some of the largest companies in Johnson City include East Tennessee University, Ballad Health, and General Shale.
2. Johnson City is an up-and-coming city in Appalachia, East Tennessee
Johnson City is an up-and-coming city in Appalachia, East Tennessee. It's a beautiful place, but it was hit hard by the Great Recession.
3. Johnson City has low crime rates and schools that rank highly in comparison to other cities
Johnson City is a great place to raise a family. The crime rate is low, and the schools rank highly compared to other cities in the state. It’s a small city, so you’re never more than a short drive away from a big city like Knoxville.
4. Johnson City is the perfect place for business owners who are looking to start a new enterprise
One of the reasons why Johnson City is the perfect place for business owners is because it's a hub for up-and-coming businesses. There are many business incubators and accelerators in the area and a booming small business scene. Johnson City is the perfect home base for aspiring entrepreneurs because it has the feel of a small town, but it’s close to several big cities.
5. There are several museums In Johnson City, TN
Johnson City is home to several museums, including the George L. Carter Railroad Museum and the Hands On! Discovery Museum.
Median Value Of Owner-occupied housing units: $167,500
Median Selected Monthly Owner Costs (With A Mortgage): $1,224
Median Gross Rent: $755
Median Household Income: $41,682
Top 5 Employment Industries: